Friday, March 31, 2006

Getting grouchy

Well my dad had to see the diabetic nurse today for the latest results. Normally this would be of no real concern but they had asked him to have a second blood test so there was some concern.

Anyway apparently everything is fine a few things higher and his potassium a little higher but nothing to worry about apparently. Phew.

I'm in a grouchy mood today. Yes another year-end week-end starts. Probably all next week someone will be asking for some report or other. Sigh. Keep thinking soon be over soon be over.

I've just finished
Arthur C Clarke & Stephen Baxter's - Time's Eye Book 1 of the Time Odyssey Trilogy **
Yes only **. Given that I'm an admirer of Clarke and Baxter has produced some good books I'm disappointed. Its not that its a bad book just that I didn't really care about the characters. A bunch of aliens play about with time and create an Earth with slices of lots of different eras. Hence you get a big set piece battle between Alexander the Great and Genhis Khan in Babylon. And even this all sort of fizzles out. Reminds me a lot of Phillip Jose Farmer's To your Scattered Bodies Go. I'm told book 2 is different but will I bother?

4 comments:

nicola said...

Really pleased he is ok pete!

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks Nic

Anonymous said...

glad to hear dad is ok another worry over! feeling grouchy eh? think of your hols

Anonymous said...

glad to hear dad is ok another worry over! feeling grouchy eh? think of your hols

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.