Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Linda Smith RIP and some musings

When I get home from work I haver certain "rituals". OK I turn on the oven, TV and change my clothes. Over dinner I'll probably watch whatever is on waiting for the Simpson's and scan Ceefax for the latest news.

So it was with some surprise I saw the headline in Entertainments come up "Linda Smith dead". Sorry what did you say? Yes Linda Smith stalwart of The News Quiz, Just a Minute and Have I Got News for You has died of cancer aged 48. She was a really funny lady and will be missed.

There will be a special tribute edition of the news quiz broadcast Friday 3rd March @ 18:30.

Just how many Bishops are there in the Church of England these days? To my knowledge there are 42 CofE cathedrals. Ranging from the splendour that is say Lincoln to what is a parish church at Chelmsford. So 42 cathedrals ok we have two Archbishops so 40 Bishops uh well apparently not. We now have area bishops so for example we have the Bishop of Lichfield having 3 "area bishops" Shrewsbury, Stafford and Wolverhampton - well you learn something new everyday. Even the CofE is introducing extra management layers. I wonder if the church has many Management Consultants who will suggest a new logo as the answer.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.