Tuesday, March 14, 2006

They must be mad

Its a bit chilly this morning but as I filled up the car with petrol the bloke at the next pump was wearing shorts! Who are these people? There were postman going through the year wearing shorts as a competition. As my dad said "tell them they have to do it and they'd be on strike!"

Speaking of which about a year ago I joined a union. Bit of a shock to the system but was probably the right thing to do. Anyway there was a strike ballot on the mat Saturday. I've gone for the no option but I expect to be out. Lets hope for a nice warm day with some good birds about.

No sign of any spring migrants. I seem to be the only birder who never finds an overwintering Chiffchaff or Blackcap! Normally the Chiffchaffs arrive at Rye Meads the year-end weekend but I presume they've decided it is still a bit parky Oop North and are sunning themselves on the med. Can't blame them.

1 comment:

Robbiegirl said...

No blackcaps, etc, here either...

:'(

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.