Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Today's rant

Well its mid week already!! Don't know where my life is going. This week is positively flying by - I don't seem to be doing what I planned but things keep happening.

Anyway on the personal front I've bought a new 'puter. The home one is, shall we say, antiquated and i've decided to save space and get a laptop. Hopefully I should see some speed improvements (this one has a gig of memory the old one was 128meg (I think). So in a week to ten days I'll be ranting about setting the thing up. Expect to reading some rant about computers when it arrives .

My broadband connection played up last night. Ring number. Press 453 buttons to be told to ring this number. Ring Number press 436 buttons to be told to ring this number. EVENTUALLY I got through to someone and after 10 minutes he told me they were doing work in my area.

One of the things about call centres is listening to the same voice telling you that "your call is valued" . Yeah, right, like f**k it is. Why can't they just have a message telling you your place in the queue? "You are number 7 in the queue" "You are number 4 in the queue". Much more informative.

I wonder if they record the bit while you are hung on waiting? One of my calls would be entertaining.

Them - You are in a queue, your call will be answered as soon as one operatives becomes available.

Them (15-20 secs later) - we would like to stress that your call is important to us and we will answer as soon as one of our operatives becomes available.

repeat

me - Well if my call is so important why don't you get more staff.
me - stop repeating yourself you bunch of b*st*rds just answer the call.
me - gets fed up, whilst blood pressure rises.

You will appreciate I don't like call centres.

I did like the one once when I was told that I could report a fault on my phone line via the internet - hello my home phone line is dead I'm ringing from a mobile.

I also don't like all this press button stuff. Partly perhaps because my old phone is so out of date that pressing the buttons has no affect. Anyway even when I ring on the mobile I'm reduced to "I want to talk to someone"

God don't I sound a right miserable old git.

I need to bird!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For once Pete, I must agree with you. Those automated call systems are the bane of my life!

...and yes! you are a miserable old GIT ;))

The Quacks of Life said...

You agree? I must try harder!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.