Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thinks

I can't think of anything interesting that happened today.

So since unless I'm on holiday i intend to update this I had better think of something interesting quick?

Oh Mum finished Radiothereapy - yay!! Apparently she'll be free to go away in April so I'll have to find some place to take the old folks. Don't think they'll see this. She'd hit me otherwise. We'll self-cater North Yorkshire, Norfolk or the Cottswolds I guess and no I wouldn't be birding in Norfolk. Of course we've got to hope the treatment worked - fingers crossed.

They are over here Friday so we(I)'ll surf the internet and find somewhere. My dad will say you know where but probably then say "is that too far to drive?".

Now there's a point my dad thinks everywhere new is "a long way". When you tell me its no further than a journey he knows, say Hunstanton - Cromer, he looks surprised bless him. I suppose the roads were so poor years ago every took 4-5 hours. They used to stop going to Yarmouth!!!!

3 comments:

nicola said...

Dont forget your camera..pleased your mum is doing well

Boo said...

I am so pleased your mum has finished the radiotherapy, that is good news! I wouldn't let my hubby read my blog either, he would either kill me or be extremely unhappy that I was sharing his/my problems with others.

I do hope you manage to get away somewhere nice, we are going to book a caravan in Devizes in August, it is sited close to the canal (27 locks) and the town itself is very interesting, so I am looking forward to that, in fact I might book another before then, perhaps for a long weekend before the season starts.

I can also understand your dad's fear that all journeys to new places will be long drives, I remember endless journeys to Saundersfoot (every flipping weekend) and we spent so much time in Carmarthen that we could easily have got to know all the people in the main street extremely well, well enough in fact to send Christmas cards to. Thank goodness that has all changed.

A particularly horrific journey was to Norfolk,(9 hours in total) we spent most of them on the hottest day of the year at Thetford, we haven't been back since, though I believe they now have a bypass (Hereford still doesn't have one and it is a sore point with hubby!)

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Boo

yes Thetford has a bypass, but Norfolk is still pretty poor road wise. Then again it does give it its charm, the A149 coast road has barely changed in 30 odd years between Hunstanton and Cromer.

I must admit to being surprised that you drive through Hereford.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.