Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm just not a lister folks

I could have gone to see the Wilson's Phalarope at Hillesden. I've been there before and the church is lovely and worth a second visit. I did go to Lakenheath to see an Oriole but I arrived saw loads of birders and turned around and went to Weeting Heath. Just me, Stone-Curlew and Woodlark lovely.

So there you go I'm not a lister. The idea of driving 100's of miles to JUST tick a bird and then drive 100's more is not for me. Especially not surrounded by the people who do it. If you do I'm happy for you.

After Weeting went to Welney nothing rare some lovely Islandica Black Tailed Godwit about.

The rain started so I thought I'd come home and have a read.

5 comments:

KAZ said...

I love Stone Curlews - they look like they're from another world. Like you I'm not a 'lister'.

Boo said...

I am not a lister either Pete, I just like to enjoy what I see, whatever it is. My walks are entirely for my and Phoebe's pleasure.

I wouldn't know a stone curlew if it bit me anyway!

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Kaz, I totally agree they are VERY strange birds.

Eagleseagles said...

The Bird was very interesting as it was a lifer but I have to say the Church was really interesting!! Oliver Cromwell and all that...even bullet holes in the door!!
Much bigger than I expected.

I like exploring new places!
C

The Quacks of Life said...

whilst @ flamborough go to patrington church and the two at Beverley. I want to revisit the Minster - possibly the finest non cathedral church in England. Well if you discount Westminster Abbey.

oh and Selbey Abbey is excellent. Bridlington isn't bad..........

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.