Sunday, May 21, 2006

Monday 15th May

Oh its wet!!

So off do some churches,

Ashover becomes 583. I've got to admit it would not make my top 1000. Nice tomb though.

















I thought Wirksworth was to become the next but as soon as I arrived I realised I had been before.


Saxon coffin lid.









My next step was Morely but since Oct 2005 it has very limited opening hours and was locked. This sort of deflated me and I decided to head to Kedleston Hall


from the front and











from the garden.











Wandered around the gardens and grounds (Grey Wagtails always to be found by bridge).







The church isn't in Jenkins but would make my list.








At the hall you are greeted by a lady dressed as the 18th century housekeeper who gives an introductory talk. The hall staterooms are magnificent.

So where now? Popped ont Carsingon Water. Some nice birds, Tree Sparrows, Garganey, Yellow Wags and Common Tern. Couldn't find Black Tern but the rain was setting in again so headed for a beer!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.