Monday, May 08, 2006

Padley Gorge - Sunday 14th May

Well it seems there will be a few of us SUNDAY (are you paying attention CP??) 9:15
bins de rigeur. large phallic scopes optional but unnecessary. Given its WAY up North rain protection and warm clothes required.

I did a quick scour through The AA good pub guide.

Grindleford - The Maynard Arms
Longshaw - Fox House
Eyam - Miners Arms
Hathersage - Milestone Inn
Hathersage - The Plough Inn
Frogatt - The Chequers Inn
Bamford - Yorkshire Bridge Inn - where i'm staying

6 comments:

DH59 said...

See you're on the case already!!

They should all be OK. I have been to most of them in the past, if I remember rightly, but having recently been to The Plough, I can say that the food there is very good. I seem to remember they had a nice lamb shank! I suspect that we'll have to book, though.

How about a show of hands?

The Quacks of Life said...

Not sure how many of those going follow the blog.

I know Reader(John) and Dave Deboo don't but Dave Deboo & Joy are not stopping.

Any of them are fine by me.

KAZ said...

Hope you've got your passport

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Kaz

I'm wondering if I should update my Whippet jabs and pop into Yorkshire.

Anonymous said...

Maynard Arms - bit posh for a bunch of muddy birders.
Foxhouse - not been for ages, used to be squeezed in - not much room
Plough - very nice food, but as Di says may have to book.
Miners - bring back memories of me and 30 blokes doing our surveying course!! nice food again.

all in all think I'd go for Miners or Plough.

Cherrypie said...

The Plough wanted over a hundred quid. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and anxious not to be late - but not that much!

I've got the last room at the Fox House. All the rest were full.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.