Friday, May 12, 2006

This blog is on holiday - YES AGAIN

Dear Reader,

I am going on holiday.

If you are reading this Sat-Mon I am in the Peak District. If it's Tuesday - Sunday it's the Lake District. If I can get my whippet jabs updated AND the Temminck's Stint is at Old Moor today today it's possible I may go to .... Yorkshire eek on Saturday, only briefly mind.

I will have my camera with me and a diary will be written and this blog updated.

If you are in need of something to read may I direct you to the other blogs section.

Can you imagine the scene, you are driving to work, you fancy listening to some music so flip from Radio 4 to a music channel. Just as you turn over a good track comes on, one you like to turn up the volume to listen to and THEN the git of a DJ talks through the intro. I am sorry bit if any DJ's are reading this.

WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS SHUT UP

I thank you I will now calm ..... oh hang on a minute

ON NO ACCOUNT INTERUPT THE TRACK AND TALK OVER IT

andd whilst I'm on the subject

DO NOT CUT THE END OFF SO YOU CAN TRY AND BE "FUNNY"

As long as you abide by these rules i'll tolerate you.

I finished Straaken by Terry Brooks yesterday. Its the final volume of the latest Shannara series. Brooks is always an easy read and not very demanding and this is more of the same. This was a little less satisfying than other voulmes. We had a repeat of the demons from the earlier Elfstones of Shannara (*****). Whereas in that volume the baddies were in hordes this time there seemed to be b*gg*r all of 'em. Still passed a few days but only ** I'm afraid.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your holiday -)

I agree with you about waffling DJs. It's about time they realised they are not more important or interesting than the music.

Cherrypie said...

Drive safely. See you tomorrow x

The Quacks of Life said...

CP - you sound like my Mum -tee hee

flicker said...

Hope you have a nice holiday Pete. Where the hell is everyone else ?? None of the BBF lot have updated their blogs or been on chat for a few days??? I am feeling lonely. :(

nicola said...

Have a lovely holiday :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.