Sunday, July 23, 2006

Thursday 20th July

I stopped in at Cley on my way to Blicking Hall. Just did the one hide and saw Green and Common Sandpiper, Sarnie Terns and Gulls, a nice Spoonbill, loads of Marsh Harriers and a fly through Sparrowhawk.

I like Blickling, it has a large lake and a nice park and gardens. On the lake a Common Tern caught a fish and got harrased by a Black Headed Gull but escaped.













Dave had texted me about a Red Necked Phalarope at Titchwell so at 3pm I arrived and YAY!! Also loads of Ruff and Spotted Redshank, Common Sandpiper, Avocet and the odd Tern. Also a Snipe and then a Summer plumage Knot dropped in. a very nice way to end the day.

Except it wasn't. Max who I met at Bempton was staying in my hotel amd we decided to head to Dersingham Bog for Nightjar.

So at 9:30 I was being attacked by midges. The Nightjar dutifully displayed coming very close and perched up - nice!

3 comments:

Boo said...

Welcome back. Beautiful pics Pete, I particularly, ironically, liked the one of the cow scratching its neck! What does that say about me?

The Quacks of Life said...

Curiously I liked that one as well.

Unknown said...

Like the tomb in the pic above - I wonder if the Bloglets would provide me with something similar, hmm.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.