Thursday, August 24, 2006

a glimpse into a strangers life

Obviously we all get to see parts of other peoples lives. Whether that be family, friends or colleagues.

But of course there are times we glance into a complete strangers life. Most of these are totally mundane and we soon forget them, but sometimes we want to know what that was all about.

So we scroll back till 1990/91 and Beverley Craven was enjoying a five minutes in the sun. Some friends and I went along to watch her play the Savoy Theatre. Now my seat was on the otherside of the aisle, not a problem I have long legs and the Savoy has little leg room.

As I sat there a couple walked down the aisle, looked at their tickets and found their seats too were separated. Now I thought this rather sad. A few minutes later another woman walked down the aisle and sat next to the chap. All 3 were obviously together as they chatted across the aisle.

In her blog CP refers to a friend of hers being an alpha female and making her look like grotbags. Well of these two women the one on her own was definitely alpha female.

Anyway what intrigued me was that during the "big" romantic number, the girl across the aisle seemed to be looking wistfully across at the bloke. And I was wondering what this was all about.

Of course I never found out but for some reason the memory has stuck with me.

1 comment:

Boo said...

Oh Pete, you can't tell half a story, if you don't know it all, at least make it up! I shall die of curiosity now. :(

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.