Thursday, October 19, 2006

Churches and Birds

I have a pile of flex and so I was off today.

I started off over the Forest. Fairly quiet, the Redwings and Fieldfares have yet to arrive but I had two Great Spots and 4 Green Woodpeckers.

Kate had asked if I had any pics of Finchingfield Church and I thought this was a good idea to reaquaint myself. Finchingfield village is picture postcard stuff and on weekends in Summer is PACKED with cars.



Very few ducks on the pond today !


Ah being shy.



The church has a fine Norman tower.









You get a sense you are being watched.....









Another external view.


The Duck Pond and one of the pubs.


Some birds not necessarily wild ;)


The windmill.


From Finchingfield I want to Little Sampford. It's just up the road and is one of my favourites.








And on to Great Bardfield.





It and its near neighbour have two excellent Stone Rood Screens (rarer!!). My camera really can't do it justice.







There were alot more I could have popped into show you, maybe another day, but i went back for lunch and then went on to Amwell. There've been reports of a Goldeneye but I failed to find it! Loads of Great Crested Grebes. Nice tit flock.

Work tomorrow sigh!!

8 comments:

nicola said...

Looks lovely pete.....more time off eh? We really must talk ;)

flicker said...

Superb photos. I love the Kingfisher sign for Little Sampford.

Boo said...

Super pics Pete, very well preserved churches too!

Yes Nic, more time off! lol

Please note, I am at home, not away!!!

Boo said...

Having just caught up with your blog at last, two comments:

When you decide to stop messing about being a CS, you could always do freelance photography

Nice to "meet" Jan. She looks like my sort of person! Tell her to introduce herself on my blog next time!

The Quacks of Life said...

Boo - will do, I am not that good. I've seen some lovely photos of the Bardfield Screen. Camera must help though!!

DH59 said...

Love the 'being watched' sequence! I agree - some nice photos. You'll be after Digi SLR next!! And a PDA. And what about a plasma TV? And.......
Beam me up Petey!!!

The Quacks of Life said...

Petey OI!!!

I think the PDA is off the menu. And a new telly? nah!!

Digi SLR? one day!!

Unknown said...

I like the rest of the pics you took too! Thanks again for the ones you sent :-)

I agree with Boo, you could easily take up freelance photography, your photos have a really professional quality to them.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.