Monday, October 09, 2006

Saturday 7th October

My luck with the weather continues. The sun shone all day!

I strated out going to Dartmoor. Its a gorgeous and atmospheric place, looks lovely when the sun is shining.





I haven't been to any churches this week. I had targets in Cornwall but other things popped up. Anyway today I ticked St Pancras, Widecomebe in the Moor.






and St John the Baptist, Ashton.





After Dartoor I went to Coleton Fishacre (sounds like Boofy swearing in chat!). It was built in 1926 for the D'oyle Carte family. It's a house i could imagine living in and is kitted out in 20's and 30's furniture and, unsurprisingly, Gilbert & Sullivan memorabilia.

The gardens are superb (best visited earlier in the year) and hilly and lead to a lovely bay.







I spent ages watching Peregrines and Kestrels over the bay before hearing the Kronk Kronk of Ravens. A pair circled over for my first of the year.

I strolled back and had a cup of tea and a piece of apple cake - oh am I going to suffer next week.

My hotel for thte two weekends in Devon has been the Sea Trout at Staverton near Totnes. I didn't think the food was quite as good this time, the beer and house whites were excellent. Works out about £85 for B&B evening meal and a couple of drinks. So ***


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well don't hog all the cupboard space because I could see me living in that house too!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.