Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday 1st October

I awoke to find it hammering down. Given my plan was to go to Prawle point looking for Cirl Bunting this was not good!

Still by the time I set out it was dry. I hit one more downpour but by time I arrived at Prawle the sun was shining. It was windy though.




No Cirls!! Lots of Gannets offshore. Did find Stonechats, Linnets, Mipits, Rock Pipits and had views of a Peregrine. As I walked back... suddenly hang on.... Yes a nice Cirl Bunting, not quite in full plumage but a nice bird.

I had considered looking around Slapton Ley but instead went to look around Dartmouth Castle.







Nice views of the harbour and across to another castle. Also a Shag in the harbour and a fly through Oystercatcher.

Popped into Dartington Hall. Its an "arts centre" but the gardens are attractive.





It had been dry and mainly sunny all day but as i write this at the hotel the heavens opened!! Got lucky today!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.