Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thursday 5th October

Over dinner with Jan & Tony last night the chap serving dinner dropped a bombshell. They are not serving food tonight as they are having a Harvest Festival auction for cancer charities (a good cause). So I'm invited out for dinner at J&T's. Very handy, will be much nicer than the National Trust might have served up.

I took Dave's advice "Go seawatching you won't regret it" And got blown to pieces. Saw Gannets, a swallow and Rock Pipits.

Tiring of the excitement I went to Landhydrock. The gardens are stunning and even better in June. The house is fascinating, old Kitchens, Servants rooms, Highly recommended.






I wanted to buy some wine for tonight and the National Trust were selling some from a local vinyard. There were two types and I bought a bottle of each.

The pub is fine, food is pub standard and was ok. Beer from the St Austell brewery was good. The house whites more than acceptable. it cost me about £60 per night including two drinks. and is rated *** by me



Saffy resident greeter.

2 comments:

Cherrypie said...

I love Lanhydrock. it was the place that inspired me to join the NT.

Your trip looks great.

flicker said...

Am enjoying your write up and the pics Pete, I am scrolling upwards and playing "spot the place" I got Dartmouth and Padstow without any problem! Brings back lots of happy memories of my four years living down there.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.