Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Joys of New Technology

I did battle with a video this morning. I was trying to fit my parents old video to there new telly. The instructions made no sense and I almost gave up. I eventually stuck the video to playing a cassette and auto re-tuned every station and luckily it found the video - woo hoo!!

My USB mouse has broken. Ok it was a freebie and a conference but it is a right pain. I'm have to use the mouse pad :(

Diddums reports that bloglines has not been reporting updates to the blog. Not sure why. I've noticed that bloglines is missing certain blogs and all seem to be blogger.

8 comments:

flicker said...

I tried to post a comment on one of your entries the other day Pete, and pressed the publish your comment tab as usual, and instead of getting the blurb about comments being moderated, it just disappeared into thing air. No pop up box, no message, zilch. So I didn't bother again!

May I recommend getting a wireless optical mouse instead of a usb one? I use both on here, because I do online quizzes where speed is of the essence, and the touchpad one isn't fast enough. You just putthe little dongle thingy into the usb socket, and the mouse works on any surface, so I have mine on the actual laptop without having to use a mat even. I got mine off eBay for about £8.

Anonymous said...

Not all Blogger blogs, now that I've had a second look, but some of them are probably just temporary feed errors. Others have been more long-lasting... puzzling.

The Quacks of Life said...

diddums - can't think why.

Jan - occasionally it seems to happen to me as well. Very odd.

nicola said...

For once its not me!! YIPEEE....I of course will regret that remark as soon as my pc crashes (again)

Anonymous said...

same here, posted a comment a while ago but nothing went through so thought you had taken offence and left it out so thought best not to bother again

The Quacks of Life said...

anonymous - who are you? I've never rejected a comment. The only time I would was if it was obvious spam.

Anonymous said...

Or a duplicate :-).

flicker said...

Oooh the mystery! All these anonymouses! I am intrigued. There's good anonymouses and bad, bad anonymouses around. ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.