Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Monday 8th January 2007.

And so to Salthouse. The weather started lovely but the grey cloud soon came in. Still a small flock of Snow Buntings brightened things up. Not much off the sea. A few Divers and Auks.

Looking back from Salthouse beach.




A stop by the road...

He isn't going to feed us!!



Sulk!


On to Cley which was quiet. Still a showy Stonechat, some pinging Beardies, a noisey cettis, a Marsh Harrier and a bunch of Avocet were nice.



A bit dull but I think it is a bit atmospheric....


The famous Cley Windmill.


I'm obviously not a proper birder as I decided to visit a few churches (both ticked ages ago). Firsly Cley.







The slightly more "modern" Blakeney (a very friendly church I might add).




I'd have never got this with the other cam....








On to Holkam Hall Park for a nose round....






The weather then settled in so I settled in with a good book!!

So what do I think of the camera? Well it has its limitations obviously but given the light I am quite pleased. The image stablilsation got me shots I would never have got before. In good light it should be superb.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The new camera seems to work well. I'd like to see what you come up with on a sunny day.

ps: I didn't know you had made the last couple of posts, they weren't showing up on bloglines. Hmm, I wonder what else I have missed.

oldcrow61 said...

Wow Pete, you have taken some wonderful pictures. I'm impressed.

the 2 wrennies said...

not bad so far with the given light

did you lose a boot off your right foot for the last pic tho...

The Quacks of Life said...

Kate - bloglines is odd. sometimes it misses stuff and then says there are 25!!

OC - aw

2 wrennies - uneven ground!! and no I hadn't fallen over again.

Boo said...

Moi unsympathetic? No, never! Yes, I did laugh my arse off!

nicola said...

I cant take landscape photos as one leg is longer than the other, everything turns out wonky :(

Anonymous said...

brings back great memories of the windmill staying for a long weekend in the windmill for my birthday sleeping in round rooms were different and the views amazing. Great photos you must be very pleased with the camera. Sorry we all laughed at your misshapbut it was funny!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.