Friday, June 08, 2007

TGIF / Hatfield Forest Again.

The common query on a Friday is "anything planned". I will be out both days, with a trip to the folks Saturday night.

Sunday I THINK I'll be meeting Dave at Lakenheath and tomorrow? well haven't got a clue. It would help if I had some idea what the weather was going to do. Yet again the thing seems to change everytime I check. This morning metcheck was giving rain tomorrow now they are saying it will stay dry.

So no doubt I'll be picking the camera up and going "somewhere".

May I take this opportunity to point you at the National Trusts "Save Hatfield Forest" Page. The forest is near to Stansted Airport and under threat from it. The council can hardly be described as a bunch of Lefty Tree Huggers. Yes there are 15 Lib Dems but there are also 3 Independents and 2 Conservatives who are the majority party.

This is not a just case of not in my back yard. The forest represents an important local habitat and has been in existence for over a 1000 years. Uttlesford District Council rejected the initial planning application citing Environmental concerns.

I find it frustrating that if we need another airport where we really need it is oop North which should perhaps spread the wealth about a bit. Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham surely could do with once close by.

Yes I know I've blogged about this before but I feel strongly about this.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.