Friday, September 14, 2007

Hedgehog survives washing machine

A female hog is recovering after surviving a 40c spin in a washing machine.
The hog burrowed in to some washing that was then put into the washing machine.

The Hog was cared for at the Brent Lodge wildlife hospital, near Chichester, in West Sussex. The Hog is now with a volunteer undergoing rehabilitation before undergoing a "soft" release into the wild.

Brent Lodge made a funding plea in July and warned that it was facing closure, but Ms Cooper said it had now won a temporary reprieve through public donations.

"Currently our position is that we can keep going until about Christmas, but we're still doing lots of fund-raising to help keep the money coming in," said a spokesman.

Brent Lodge has an adopt a creature scheme if you fancy helping out.

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I wish there were places like this here. There are in other places in Canada but we just have the SPCA and they don't deal with these types of things.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this higgle survived. :-). Came across one curled up in a pile of leaves in my garden. Made me glad I wasn't a keen gardener. I was cursing myself for even gardening that much, as I disturbed it and it left. Sob.

By the way - see:
http://www.blogigo.co.uk/diddums/Booky-Meme/5623/

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.