Monday, October 01, 2007

Tea with the Bishop

It started off badly with rain and then for some reason I couldn’t get breakfast!! No idea why I will find out when I wander to dinner.

It rained all day and you’ll see some rain spots on one or two photos SOB!!

So Wells Cathedral. It’s a tadge impressive. Unfortunately no flash in the Quire/choir which was “challenging”









cadavaer tomb
















The Bishop’s Palace. A nice cup of tea btw.









641 St James Cameley.






642 St Mary Magdalene Chewton Mendip







643 St Michael Compton Martin






644 St Michael Brent Knoll.





Oh the bloke doing breakfast never showed. Apolpgies and they’ll knock it off the room.

7 comments:

Mary said...

Wonderful photos. The last time we were there there was a private service starting so we didn't get to see inside. but we had a wander around the old town and Vicars close.

oldcrow61 said...

Wow, fantastic place Pete.

Jan said...

One of the last photos I have of my dad is him standing outside Wells Cathedral with mum.

Was dry here today :D

ST said...

WELLS IS A GREAT PLACE.
STUNNING STAINED GLASS.

IT'S AMAZING TO THINK, WITH 'PRIMITIVE' METHODS, OUR ANCESTORS COULD BUILD SUCH BEAUTY. OUR GENERATIONS WILL LEAVE VERY LITTLE, IF ANYTHING,TO THERE STANDARDS.

Anonymous said...

Wells Cathedral is very nice. I agree about it being challenging inside without flash. I have some similar photos, but I don't think I ever posted them on my blog.

Unknown said...

As soon as I saw the name Wells Cathedral I thought of the baby eating bishop of Bath and Wells from Blackadder LOL

Great pics! Who/what is that chap sitting high up on the wall?

The Quacks of Life said...

Kate - don't know who he is I'll find out for you

Jan - gee that's nice

thanks everyone

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.