Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Fairy Story

As Christmas is approaching, a little something to get us in the
spirit....

For all you lovers of Cinders out there.

Cinderella is now 95 years old. After a fulfilling life with the now
dead prince, she happily sits upon her rocking chair, watching the world
go by from her front porch, with a cat named Bob for companionship.

One sunny afternoon out of nowhere, appeared the fairy godmother.

Cinderella said, "Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here after all
these years?"

The fairy godmother replied, "Cinderella, you have lived an exemplary
life since I last saw you. Is there anything for which your heart still
yearns?"

Cinderella was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful
consideration, she uttered her first wish:

"The prince was wonderful, but not much of an investor. I'm living hand
to mouth on my disability cheques, and I wish I were wealthy beyond
comprehension." Instantly her rocking chair turned into solid gold.

Cinderella said, "Ooh, thank you, Fairy Godmother."

The fairy godmother replied, "It is the least that I can do. What do
you want for your second wish?"

Cinderella looked down at her frail body and said, "I wish I were young
and full of the beauty and youth I once had."

At once, her wish became reality, and her beautiful young visage
returned. Cinderella felt stirrings inside her that had been dormant
for years.

And then the fairy godmother spoke once more, "You have one more wish;
what shall it be?"

Cinderella looks over to the frightened cat in the corner and says, "I
wish for you to transform Bob, my old cat, into a kind and handsome
young man."

Magically, Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a change in his
biological make-up that, when he stood before her, he was a man so
beautiful the likes of him neither she nor the world had ever seen.

The fairy godmother said, "Congratulations, Cinderella, enjoy your new
life."

With a blazing shock of bright blue electricity, the fairy godmother
was gone as suddenly as she appeared.

For a few eerie moments, Bob and Cinderella looked into each other's
eyes.

Cinderella sat, breathless, gazing at the most beautiful, stunningly
perfect man she had ever seen.

Then Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat transfixed in her rocking
chair, and held her close in his young muscular arms. He leaned in
close, blowing her golden hair with his warm breath as he whispered...

"Bet you're sorry now that you cut my nuts off."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha

I got there just fractions before the
punch line- as any responsible cat owner will!!

C

Anonymous said...

Olde chestnutte...

I've a feeling GMB may have told that story, unless I'm muddling him with someone else. He did like to take old stories and do them up, so he might have told it.

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Diddums, can I ask who GMB is? I first saw it ages ago.

Anonymous said...

George Mackay Brown. :-). I read his biography recently - there are a couple of posts about that on my blog.

The Quacks of Life said...

Diddums

oh doh!!

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. :-).
GMB stands for a lot of things admittedly. Don't ask me what... can't be bothered looking.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.