Thursday, January 03, 2008

In the news

you may find these pictures of a python in Australia interesting. The snake had to have an op after it went snacking on golf balls.

You may be interested in this story of two identical twins Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein who were separated at birth.

The twins given up for adoption to separate families as part of an experiment in the US to discover how identical twins would react to being raised in different family backgrounds. Apparently the adoptive parents never new what had happened.

It wasn't until Schein started to investigate her birth that the full story started to appear.

"I received a letter that said: 'You were born on 9th October 1968 at 12.51 pm, the younger of twin girls.' It was unbelievable. Suddenly another element of my identity was revealed to me. Suddenly I was a twin."

The link tells you more of the story and is worth reading. I do find it disturbing that human beings should be subjected to an experiment in this way.

3 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Odd the golf ball eating snake is, I didn't dwell too long looking at it.

The "twins" story I found incredible. That people's lives could be "experimented" on is irresponsible and cruel! Who sanctions this kind of action?

oldcrow61 said...

I saw both of these stories on the TV news. I too found it disturbing that the children were subjected to this experiment. Nice that they found each other though.

Anonymous said...

Strange that a snake would eat golf balls, don't you think?

The story of the twins is horrifying! How dare doctors play with people as if they are dolls? I wonder how many other sets of twins had this happen to them and they are still unaware?

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.