Saturday, January 05, 2008

Local Birding

My cooker had a bit of a shock last night it got turned on!! For the past 8 weeks I've eaten at Dads before going to the hospital.

So up early and boost that year list..... ah stuff it I went for a cup of tea, bowl of cereal and toast and went back to bed.

So eventually I grabbed my camera, bins and little scope and went to Amwell. No Water Rails or Snipe showing but did get Little Egret, Goldenye and Smew it was rather pleasant out with the sun shining.

I popped into Rye Meads, it was quiet but I did see a Green Sandpiper, Kingfisher (nicely perched up but out of camera range) and I found a lone Redpoll.

I popped into Dads to move a bed back up stairs.

Some photos.














8 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Some excellent shots there. I particularly like the (last) Robin shot. Looks as they he's saying "come and get me".

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous little birds, the tit and the robin are just so cheeky. Is that a female blackbird at the (almost) end? And apart form the swan I can't identify the water bird - any help please? I somehow can't keep water bird names in my head, perhaps because I see them so infrequently? Wasn't it good to see the sun today, made me so happy that I made bread!

oldcrow61 said...

Great pictures Pete. I'm really partial to the little red bird.

The Quacks of Life said...

the first duck under the Robin is a male Teal. The other bird is a Great Crested Grebe. winter coming into summer plumage

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had some decent sun... we didn't in Dorset... Great pictures. I'm very fond of the robin.

Anonymous said...

(I’m not flipping looking)
Great pictures Pete I particularly like the last Robin shot how’s that bloke with the funny hat, Great Crested Grebe I don’t remember you taking them.
A nnomus

Jan said...

Nice pics, is that a Fieldfare Pete?

The Quacks of Life said...

ta all.

jan - blackbird young female

hugh - all taken today. I was disappointed with the first batch but like those

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.