Monday, February 04, 2008

Ouch ooh ah Ouch

I do hope you enjoyed the photos Saturday because I have suffered for them. As you can imagine I spent a lot of time on my haunches and on Saturday evening my thighs were aching. Last night I was coming down the stairs like a man of 90! Oh the joys I have to look forward to, note to self buy a bungalow at appropriate date. Not quite so bad this morning I reckon late 80's !

I was obviously half a sleep when I left this morning since I didn't put work shoes on. I was sitting in the office and something about my feet felt "wrong". I then looked down to find my birding shoes on. SIGH!!

I did indeed finish Andrew Taylor's "Naked to the Hangman" yesterday. Its part of his Lydmouth series set in the grey world of 1950's Britain. This is not the best place to start since a lot of the personal dynamic between the main characters has been established already but I can heartily recommend the series. His Roth Trilogy is rather good as well. Curiously the first book is set in the 70's the second in the 60's and the third in the 50's, it works rather well.

I ordered a number of books off of amazon yesterday. All crime novels a number of Christie's and laters volumes of series I've started. I also ordered the first of Caroline Graham's Midsummer Murders series.

4 comments:

ST said...

I live on a single story, no stairs in my life for the last five years. you would not believe how tiring a large flight of stairs is to me. Oh and i spend all day on my feet in a fairly physical job.

Jan said...

You need to buy an exercise bike and get toned up Pete! Not kidding either, I've just been doing 3x5 mins a day, on a low setting on mine, and my legs have lost all that nasty "tight" feeling up the back of my thighs. I can run up steps now whereas I was plodding before, hanging onto the handrail like an old lady!

oldcrow61 said...

Exercise bike Pete, exercise bike!! And don't forget a web cam so we can watch, lol.

Anonymous said...

Feeling old, are we!!!???

I would recommend an exercise bike, too. I've just started to use ours again, starting slowly with a couple of minutes twice a day. It's a bit too soon to notice any changes, but we're on three storeys, so I get a lot of stair exercise!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.