Saturday, March 29, 2008

A day at the zoo

For the last few days I have been feeling lethargic achy body and permanently tired. I must admit to being a bit worried BUT I think I know what is wrong, I have a cold!

I probably shouldn't have gone out today but I had arranged to meet Tricia and Hugh at London Zoo so......

Its hard to believe that you are in the centre of a major international city.








Hugh told me there was nowhere to get a bacon roll. HAH!! Pete easily found the Honest Sausage. Lovely Bacon roll.

And so on to the Zoo and it was nice to see these chaps.


I must admit to being a bit disappointed. The new Blackburn House was quite small and the poor hummers had little room.













of course the zoo does provide habitat for this chap.







The flipping butterfly house was so warm and the outside so cold that the camera kept steaming up! Think Tricia got some photos.







Of course amongst all these exotics what was the best thing I saw? Well....







a little corker!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the starling too! I adore the way they sit on something and look up, just as that one did.

Is that a little egret? ans waht is the one just above the green parrotty thing?

Were there no tree sparrows? It's been ages since I saw one, thought I used to have a couple outside the office window a couple of years back...

The Quacks of Life said...

tf - not sure about the egret. nor the other collection birds.

tree sparrows? not in Lonon alas.

Jan said...

I want the cute monkey with the yellow body and black head. :)

Robbiegirl said...

If you just want house spugs and starlings, you should come here!

Although my garden's getting better for birds (lots of finches recently, and tits), the majority of birds I see out of the window are spuggies or starlings.

Tricia Ryder said...

Good pics Pete but the Starling pics are stunning :)

Mary said...

Hope you are feeling better! A trip to the zoo can heal anything :o)

I loved your photographs, Pete - particularly the ones of the penguins and monkeys.

This is in the middle on London? Looks beautiful.

oldcrow61 said...

Beautiful pictures Pete. The starling is so colourful.

ST said...

you have caught that starling in great light, almost matches a kingfisher for the exotic.

Anonymous said...

This was wonderful... enjoyed the domestics, as well as the exotics! My favorite was the meerkat... Deb

Hope this finds you feeling better.

Mo said...

Brilliant starling photo. Did you see any flying penguins?

Little marmoset (?) monkey looks really cute too.

Mo said...

Brilliant starling photo. Did you see any flying penguins?

Little marmoset (?) monkey looks really cute too.

The Quacks of Life said...

sorry mo no flying penguins. monkey was way cute!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.