Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday in the Spring Sun

I met up with Dave and Joy this morning and we went to the Lee Valley Spring Wildlife event.

I suppose for some of the girlies who read this blog this will have been the highlight.







but for me it was the rescue bats they had which were coolest. Around the reserve we saw Lesser and Common Whitethroats and also lots of Sand Martins.

We then went to the Rainbow & Dove in Harlow for a drink in the sun and I took Dave and Joy to the guaranteed Green Sandpiper at Rye Meads which wasn't present! Still we saw a Northern Wheatear which was a year and patch tick.

Mallard


Lesser Black Back Gull



This poor Grey Heron had a damage winged.

8 comments:

Jan said...

What can I say? How about phwoaaarrr! Didn't you get his autograph for me? Was he nice, was he friendly, were there loads of women hanging round him, tell me, tell me! Any more photos of him?

The Quacks of Life said...

no more photos. heard some of his question and answer session and he came across as pretty genuine.

oldcrow61 said...

When you mentioned us "girlies" and the highlight, I thought you were talking about the owl.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day out. No pics of the bats??

Anonymous said...

Don't you worry Pete! You'll still be my 'highlight' (though I must admit, that I don't have a clue who that Dave is).
Fantastic pictures, looks like you had a lovely day!

The Quacks of Life said...

hi islands :D

carin -- ooh. the bloke in the photo isn't dave. he's a wildlife presenter called simon king. the girls seem to like him.

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that who it is?? Blushing here...

Anonymous said...

Yum

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.