Friday, October 31, 2008

Check your Bank Statement

I got my bank statement yesterday. I never check it in detail but I do "sanity check" it. This is normally very quick since its the same old same old.

So you can imagine my surprise when I found an item I didn't recognise. The amount was minimal but I phoned my bank who could find no reference to this DD. They said they would investigate. I did a quick search on the net and found that this might be a magazine, I phoned back (and got the same person) and asked if the same amount was taken out in July. It was !! but to a different name (which I did recognize). Its a magazine subscription. This is handy since I can now kill the magazine and save £10.20 per quarter.

And as Tesco's say "every little helps"

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.