Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Its not always true

Apparently all pensioners are poor. I know this because whenever they discuss heating costs its always brought up that pensioners have to exist on fixed incomes.

Now I know that some pensioners are undoubtedly poor but this isn't always true. On Saturday I wandered into Waitrose to pick up a bottle of two of wine (Waitrose stock an English wine I like). As I glanced along the rows of checkouts I was struck by the number of uhm more elderly customers there were.

For those of you who don't visit Waitrose much it is a tadge pricey. One assumes that this lot getting their Sunday joints aren't worrying about the Gas bill.

Mum and Dad used to go on a couple of coach tours per year and they were amazed that some of the pensioners they talked do seemed to do one a month!!

It seems ridiculous to assume that all pensioners are poor. I'd suggest that there are some who are having the time of their lives.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.