Tuesday, March 31, 2009

London mostly in B&W

I'm up London for 3 days this week. Should be fun tomorrow if the G20 protest kicks off! There were plenty of police about tonight.

Anyway I thought I'd drag my little Canon compact along this morning and take a few photos as I walked from Liverpool Street.






which version do you prefer? I thought I'd leave it colour as OC would like to see some flowers but the B&W looks interesting.




This is Wesley's Chapel. It's in the book and I've been before.




I'm on floor 8 of this building.




5 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Some good subjects for which the B&W works really well. The mirror (?) in the penultimate picture's quite amazing; it also looks so clean!

My preference is for colour. The colour of the flowers create a good foil to the black/white/grey of the headstones. Gives drama.

(Hope the lift's working!)

Janine said...

Sounds like fun Pete, hope you get a chance to do some more sightseeing. I prefer the color graveyard one because of the flowers.

oldcrow61 said...

Enjoyed the pictures. I love the coloured one of the flowers. The colours in the entire picture are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

your doing better with the exposures and contrast. right to leave the lovely english blue bells in the cemetery.

The Quacks of Life said...

cheers anony

I played with the contrast and exposure before posting.

I think I'm learning that with B&W I need to underexpose and play with the contrast.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.