Saturday, September 26, 2009

Been to Norfolk

I've been to Norfolk today with Trish, Dave and Joy.

Trish was driving and the air turned blue around Brandon. The %$^$^£$$% speed camera flashed me!! I remained calmness personified even when she decided to almost ram a car on the way home.

We started at Holkham pines looking for migrants. Alas nothing rare but we did see Chiffchaff and Blackcap and loads of goldcrests. Nice to see the pink footed geese back in numbers and we saw 4 raptors (Buzzard, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and Marsh Harrier).

The Geese are an impressive sight.









Dave and Joy had to leave early and Trish and I headed off for lunch. We stopped at Morston Harbour for a "comfort break" , Trish wanted to go back to the posh hotel we visited last year at Blakeney but I put my foot down this time and as there was snack bar at Morston we ate in the car. Fresh Crab sandwiches and a pot of cray fish tails overlooking the sea, lovely.





We then walked from Morston to Blakeney via the coast path. 3 Wheatear being the higihlight.

At Blakeney there were lots of gulls and people crabbing.























On the way back a big flock of Black Tailed Godwit had appeared.








A lovely late September day.

I may be exaggerating a bit over the extent of Trish's bad language and putting my foot down over the sandwich!! Think she wants to go back ;)

7 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Ha, ha, ha, I can just picture the two of you there today. So funny! Looking forward to pictures tomorrow.

Eagleseagles said...

Sounds lovely! The food -

I bet it was lovely too in Norfolk!

I am taking my friend Pat up during the half term week - just staying one night - but that is so she gets to hear the geese in the morning.
Her idea - which i acted on straight away.But we will leave at the crack of dawn on day one and get back late on day two - we have to go to Welney - swan feeding in the afternoon!

I will have lots of photos as Pat is the photographer - so my blog will be full of photos for a change!

C

Tricia Ryder said...

You? Exaggerate? Well bless my cotton socks :D

holdingmoments said...

Good shots of the Black Tailed Godwits Pete. A most enjoyable day, by the sound of it.

oldcrow61 said...

Great pictures Pete. The birds in flight are fabulous.

Janine said...

Fresh shellfish at the seaside and the company of good friends. Doesnt get much better than that!

The Watcher said...

Great flight shots.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.