Thursday, January 28, 2010

Well I didn't know that

I was going to end yesterday's blog with the following....

I am not a religious person but the bible quote "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." seems a good one to live to.

For some reason I looked this up and found it's not a quote from the bible!

I came across a site that had misquoted Bible verses

apparently the nearest to the one I wanted to use is

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them." -Matthew 7:12

The site listed a few others

e.g
"Money is the root of all evil."

the nearest is

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil" from Timothy 1. Similar but nuanced very differently.

There were quite a few others which people assume are from the bible but are not accurate.

"God helps those who help themselves." is not related to the bible. That's Ben Franklin!

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.