Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A petition

There was something seriously wrong today, I can't quite put my finger on it. I wonder if it was the orange thing in the sky, or maybe the blue colour of the sky or the hint of warmth?

I don't know but I want more of it!

Anyway may I point you to this RSPB petition against the slaughter of birds in Malta.

It reads:

"To Dr Lawrence Gonzi, Prime Minister of Malta, do not bring renewed shame on Malta.

We urge you not to harm EU nature conservation laws for a few votes from the hunting minority.

We urge you to comply with EU law through Maltese legislation.

We urge you to ensure all hunting legislation is fully enforced.

We urge you never to allow spring shooting or trapping of turtle dove and quail again."

You have to live in the UK.

2 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Already signed Pete and I have a link on my sidebar, the more attention the better!

Eagleseagles said...

What big red thing in the sky? I think you have yourself a UFO - there's not one over here!
Just more wet stuff!

Get that petition signed if you havent already whats the point of having legislation when a member country ignores it?

And its not just song birds orTurtle dove or Quails - its migrating Raptors as well - anything that flies - bang - shoot it-

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.