Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday

Pretty horrid dull grey day that said given we have more snow forecast....

After lunch I headed to Rye Meads for an hour or two.

This duck (right handside) piqued my interet



lousy photo (it was on the other side) but I've added it for interest. It's not a Tufted Duck and I got excited that it might be a Scaup but consulting the Collins shows its a Tufty Pochard cross.

Other than that all I saw was your bog standard ducks, tits and finches. Oh a few Great Spots and a Common Gull.

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Seems Tufties are getting as bad as Mallards in the choice of their partners.

More snow?!! I do hope the forecast is wrong. I would love some warm sunshine and blue skies again....

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.