Saturday, February 13, 2010

A trip to the Forest

Another dull grey cold day. I had intended going further afield but it seemed a waste of petrol so I went to the Forest.

Lots of common birds about saw quite a few Woodpeckers (Green and Great Spot), lots of Blue Tits (mostly in twos!), loads of Chaffinches a long tail tit and goldfinch flock. Still plenty of Redwings.

The lake had Mallards, Gadwall, Greylags, Teal, Pochard, Tufties and a lovely Great Crested Grebe coming into breeding plumage.

My highlight bird was a Nuthatch. It was drumming away and it looked so pretty!

As I headed back to the car flakes of snow fell but it amounted to nothing.

No bird photos but....












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those photo's Pete. Just my opinion though, justice to them would have been B/W as your last one, more so too that 1st photo.

paul.

The Quacks of Life said...

i'll have a play!

Tricia Ryder said...

Just love that old tree "stump". All great pictures!!

The more results I see of Panny the more...... sigh..

and, as Paul says, the first pic I'm sure would lend itself to B&W!!

oldcrow61 said...

Pete, fabulous old tree trunks, moss and wood. Love it!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.