Thursday, April 01, 2010

Going Home

I was at the "other" office this afternoon as I left a Blackbird was atop the London Road multi-story car park singing his heart out - I've seen him there a few times. The Blackbirds is one of our commonest birds but his song is one of the highlights of the dawn chorus.

As I drove home I turned on Classic FM and thought ooh I do like this. My knowledge of classical music is not great and I didn't know who it was by but was not surprised to find it was Grieg's in the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt.



As I came off the M11 Lapwings flew overhead.

I was going to Dad's and as I parked the car Mr Blackbird flew in to the pushes at full tilt and two of them came out! Bit of territory protecting I think!

Let's finish with Blackbird in full voice.

2 comments:

holdingmoments said...

A fine singer indeed Pete.
I get one visit every morning, singing his song. So nice to wake up to.
Enjoyed that video clip.

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention that -- I love Hall of the Mountain King. But that piece didn't ring a lot of bells... maybe I got too used to a jazz version of it I used to play.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.