Saturday, June 05, 2010

A day out on Dad's birthday.

It is Dad's birthday today. I never normally buy him anything but I knew there was something I could get him that he could use ..... a digital radio.

A digital radio? What was it you said the other day Quacky?

Ah well you see my dad listens to the radio every night and to only one station BBC Radio Essex. The thing is the FM reception where he lives is poor.

But hang on you said ........ yes but I noticed that one of the stations we can get here on digital is ..... BBC Radio Essex.

I delivered it last night we tuned it and ..... superb sound! He was rather pleased.

Today I got up and got him tea in bed and then we went to Frinton on Sea for a day out.















The birthday boy contemplates the world.

"When I was a lad you could buy fish & chips....."


like an idiot I used a small aperture for the above photo. Should have used a large one to blur the background more.

St Mary's Frinton. The smallest complete church in Essex or so it claims.













Weather was really good as well.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

awwww, bless dad, and I wish him many happy returns. If you go to Gooderstone Water Gardens, try the home made cakes (my favourite is the carrot cake) they are made by the owner and delicious. Cakes aside, the entry fee is money well spent. I haven't been to Frinton in many years ... must put it on my to visit again list.

oldcrow61 said...

Sounds like a good day with your dad. Nice photos.

Ragged Robin said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day out, Pete. Glad your dad was so pleased with his radio.

holdingmoments said...

A very happy belated birthday to your dad Pete. A great photographic record of your day out too.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.