Thursday, August 26, 2010

all for the best

I was chatting to dad the other day and we were discussing how his job moving to Kent back in the 60's was the best thing that could have happened (well having to admit to living in Kent isn't something I like mentioning in polite society).

We weren't their long as Mum never settled but the move meant that they got out of rented accommodation and owned their own home.

I've lost my job twice, the first was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I left a big IT structured department at Tesco's and was put into a sink or swim environment and I swam! The second got me into Birding whilst I was betwixt postitions.

And how many of us have reason to be grateful for World War II? My Mum and Dad only met because Dad's family left London for the country!

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Interesting what life brings. If it wasn't for WW2 I wouldn't exist and if my father hadn't been killed (in WW2) I would have spent my life in Canada - one never knows what's around the corner or how it will shape/change our lives!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.