Saturday, October 30, 2010

Autumnal Sun at Hatfield Forest

Gosh what a lovely day!

Isn't it typical everyday this week I've been woken by the alarm today? Nope I woke up at 4 snoozed for an hour and that was it!

I popped to the shops to get Shane the Dog's birthday presents and then where to? I haven't been to the forest for a while.....

I decided to have a change of tack and left the telephoto behind and stuck the wide angle on.

Quite a few birds woodland about.
















There were at 5 grebes on the lake and one was definitely a juvenile. You can tell it is getting wintery as the lake had Pochards on it! A sure sign.

As I walked past the decoy pond a tit flock descended that had Nuthatches in it (there were a few about) and a Marsh Tit AND a Kingfisher flashed across the pond!











As I stood by the lake two Great Crested Grebe swum by close in, almost taunting my lack of telephoto, I went for a cup of tea and a suasage sandwich!







I got to see my first Fieldfare of "the season" and the Forest looked lovely in the Autumn sun.

6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Autumn seems to have arrived at last and somewhat suddenly... glorious colours and love the picture of the twisted branches looking upwards through them :D

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete and lovely autumn colours and reflections in the water. Looks a lovely place. Well done on the Fieldfare - I've seen redwings recently but am still waiting for my first Fieldfare.

ShySongbird said...

Lots of lovely Autumnal colour there Pete. It sounded like a very nice stroll and the sausage sandwich sounded rather good too :)

Regarding your previous post, it really irritates me when people say haitch instead of aitch!

oldcrow61 said...

A wonderful bunch of beautiful photos.

Janine said...

These are stunning Pete. You have an eye for the wide angle. Great colors too!

Anonymous said...

I do like these, marvellous shots. One of the 'angled upward' ones is quite abstract (in a good way!)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.