Monday, May 16, 2011

Attingham Park

I had a plan for today which got shot out of the water when I checked that somewhere wasn't open!!

So instead I headed to the very historic market town of Ludlow. It was at Ludlow that Prince Arthur oldest son of Henry VII died. That meant his younger brother Henry married Arthur's widow. That is Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon and that led to the English Reformation!!

There was a market! Where's Dad! There was one stall selling old film cameras.







The parish church of St Laurence is particularly fine.

























Ludlow is also known as a foody town. Lots of eateries.

On to Attingham Park.




















The house doesn't allow photos - I wish the National Trust was consistent!! Some lovely state rooms and ceilings, whereas other rooms are being restored.

The tea room is very good and if you prefer waitress service there is one in the house itself. I had carrot and thyme soup which became parsnip when I returned for my rather nice Apple and Cinnamon cake.

A grey day but it stayed dry!

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I like the carving with the skull very much. Also the tomb is beautiful. The gardens are wonderful.

Tricia Ryder said...

Another great variety of habitats and pictures. The wooden carvings in the church are so detailed... really like those :)

Nice picture of the Blackbird... and Attingham Park house seems very imposing. Like you, I wish they were consistent too re pictures

Rog said...

Just a thought:

http://www.justgiving.com/kazblog

Thanks!

Rog

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.