Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Houses and Birds

Well yesterday scuppered my plans so I readjusted! I've been to Stokesay Castle a few times over the years but I think its pretty and as its local......













There were loads of Swallows and House Sparrows which was good to see.

So onto Dudmaston Hall (which doesn't allow photos inside!!), there isn't much of a garden per se but there is a lovely park.

Before doing the park I had an excellent Carrot and Coriander soup and eyed up the cakes.




















The greylags and canada's had a hissy fit. both had goslings.











Time for a cuppa. The chocky cake didn't match yesterday's standards.

I'm staying near Benthall a small house and garden. Great no! charming yes! I first visited one April when it snowed!!















I sat and watched the world go by and then returned to my hotel. Off tomorrow to Hay-on-Wye

3 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

omg, I love that little "shelter" house with the thatch roof. I don't know what else to call it. If only I could have one in my garden, in the woods. Stokesay Castle is lovely and isn't that graveyard wonderful. All the pictures are great Pete.

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos of some lovely places again, Pete. I loved the photos from yesterday's posting as well especially the beautiful church of St Laurence. The misericords (?) are wonderful.

Enjoy Hay-on-Wye and those second hand bookshops tomorrow :D.

Tricia Ryder said...

Stokesay Castle looks loverly as does Benthall. Dusmaston Hall by contrast is equally good looking but grander it seems. And Grebes - love the way they shake themselves off when they come up from the water :)

Some really lovely pictures and amazing scenery - sounds like an excellent day out...

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.