Monday, May 02, 2011

Still local

Well the sun has shone for four consecutive days! I perhaps should have gone further astray but the charms of my bed.....

I did head to Fisher's Green, the feeders were quiet but it was a pleasant walk.








I got to see a few Damselflies, there were lots of Terns about. There were a few Nightingales about, they are flipping loud and normally you never seen them! I looked into a bush and knock me down with a feather there he was!!! They have an amazing rufous tail!

I headed off to Rye Meads. Kestrels in the nest box!




There were two terns but not near the rafts.




I got to see my first Hairy Hawker Dragonfly.

And we'll finish with a couple of Damsels.




I'll do something different next weekend! I decided this weekend not to travel so far!

5 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Cute goslings and another lovely rabbit photo. Well done on the nightingale :D

Tricia Ryder said...

Ah - lovely the Kestrels are nesting. The RSPB chappie said last week that he'd been told they were but couldn't see any evidence of them.

Love the composition of the swan coming into view through the branches...

Cindy said...

I always enjoy your photos and information ... keep posting! Cindy x

Unknown said...

Lovely Kestrel shots Pete.

oldcrow61 said...

Hmm, seems I missed this post. I love that kestral. Very cute. Nice pictures all.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.