Saturday, September 17, 2011

Stourhead

The weather forecast was a bit ropey but all though it was a bit blustery the sun was shining! So sir and I headed to Stourhead. The walk to the house and back to the car park was hilly but Dad made use of the bus! He walked around the lake - nice and flat!!





























And a walk around the house.
























Sir waiting for the bus.


I left sir listening to the radio (BBC local radio shudder!!)

The NT closed the garden at 3 due to the storm (did it happen?) so a look at the church.











If you've never been then do go Stourhead is lovely.

4 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

Oh my, you've done it again. Given me lots of ideas for the garden. What great fun things. And, that house...knocks me out just looking. I do like the way you have it when I click on a picture to enlarge and I can see them all that way, in a row. Fabulous shots Pete.

Tricia Ryder said...

Stourhead's probably one of the most photogenic properties in terms of wide vistas... but I've never managed to see the house... on my list though :D lovely pics Pete...

Ragged Robin said...

I would love to go to Stourhead Pete - the photos are just wonderful.

Love the owl on the tree.

Ragged Robin said...

Stourhead is one of those places I really would love to visit.

Wonderful photos and I love the owl on the tree.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.