Sunday, October 16, 2011

Home via Stourhead

Apparently both my cameras can swap lenses! You wouldn't believe it since the Panny has had the same lens on all the time (20mm f1.7, oh the camera was permanently set to B&W so you've seen none of them.) and the Nikon had an 18-270 travel zoom on!!

This is all very convenient but Saturday night I decided this was daft. I stuck the 14 f2.5 on the Panny (now set for colour) and the 35mm f1.8 on the Nikon. There is a degree of freedom in this since you are restricted in what you can take, hence I took fewer photos than normal. Whether the quality improved who knows, I enjoyed it though.

Actually today almost never happened as it was raining most of the way but by the time Stourhead hoved into view the sun came out

I was there a month ago but it's such a lovely place and it repays revisiting.

Stourhead was good for birds today with Redwings, 5 Great Crested Grebes, Goldcrests, 2 Marsh Tits, seemingly dozens of Nuthatches and a calling owl!





























well a very pleasant 4 days. But that's the holidays for the year, it doesn't seem that long since I was waiting for the first one!!! All I can say is Roll on April.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Some lovely atmospheric photos Pete. Sounds like you had a lovely holiday - Cotehele is beautiful too.

oldcrow61 said...

You have some gorgeous scenic pictures here Pete. I love the statues in the grotto.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.