Saturday, October 08, 2011

A few Suffolk pics

A week ago I was wilting in the heat today I've put the heating on!!

Dad and I went to Suffolk today. The weather was poor so just a few pics!

Very Autumnal

They like their Pink Houses around here!

I do find the blue plaques on houses fascinating.

According to the Long Meford website

Hanwell was senior lieutenant of the Sheerness (44 guns), the flagship of Commodore James Cornwallis on the African station. The Commodore died of a fever on 31st July 1798, and Lieutenant Hanwell, now the senior officer, promoted himself two ranks higher to become a Post Captain. This amazing step could only have been legitimate on the African station, and was confirmed by the authorities when he returned to England at the end of the year.

After that his career was fairly indistinguished.

A Barbers Shop sign....


The sign of the Bull Hotel @ Long Melford.


We ought to have some birds....





The old platform at Long Melord Station

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I love the first picture. I can just imagine myself scuffing through those leaves. Very pretty.

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely swan pics, Pete.

Sounds like a nice concert today - must admit I have recently discovered Classic FM - far more relaxing when driving than Radio 4!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.