Sunday, January 08, 2012

First visit of the year to Rye Meads

The weather was the usual dull grey and I almost left Dad's and headed home but decided I really ought to make a first visit of 2012 to Rye Meads.

Birds there were but none were playing ball but I did see Fieldfare, Redwing, Snipe and Green Sandpiper amongst the ducks and woodland birds.

I did however see this chap have a laze.


He(?) was in a spot where he was unlikely to be disturbed as the public aren't allowed however an RSPB work party came along and he stirred.



He just crept into a ditch and the work party didn't know he had been there! Still he was the highlight of my day!

6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Bit of a difference from yesterday; it looks like the vixen that one of the volunteers was watching when I was there a while back; near the visitor centre

Anonymous said...

Absolutely super duper place England is with your eyes. Maybe a bunch of guys on horses were chasing this little red head and you saved him. Ahhh. My hero.

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely fox photos, Pete and great pics yesterday at Blickling Hall and Little Snoring (what a great name :D)

Tricia Ryder said...

....

oldcrow61 said...

They are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fox.

Happy New Year!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.