Saturday, June 23, 2012

Youngsters

Where to today? Given the sun was shining and the forecast for tomorrow is not good I decided somewhere birdy.

I went to Amwell first. fairly quiet I thought many of the usual suspects.

This chap was trying to play the innocent...




Six Little Egrets sitting in a tree!

 
and so on that note off to Rye Meads. Again fairly quiet.



Lots of ducks and I saw some young Tufties and.....







As I strolled around to the Kingfisher hide there were 5 Kestrels sitting on the roof of the hide...




Although not playing ball camera wise a Garden Warbler gave decent views.

And ah!





2 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

Love this time of the year with all the young ones... Squidgy looks mischievous...

Great to have the kestrels.. the family that have been nesting at RM I wonder?

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see photos of all the young birds :D.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.