Tuesday, July 03, 2012

BT doesn't get communication

I was around Dad's earlier. His mobile phone had been disconnected we noticed - not used for 6 months I suspect! Anyway we found and old Virgin one and for some reason I rang my home number and got that the number was busy..... you what!!!

Well when I got in my phone wasn't working but broadband was......

I did a phone test on line and BT said my line was fine. I rang them.....

Press 1 for, press 3 for, Press 2 for, Press 6 for, Press..... eventually they did another test and said it was fine. I was then offered the chance to speak to someone! I was in a queue. It would be 20 minutes and did I want them to ring me back on my mobile when my position in the queue was no 1? Great!!

In the meantime I fiddled with switches. Curiously downstairs I had a spare splitter switch by the phone and put this one back instead..... phone works!!!

Now BT rang me back and I thank the chap and said it was fixed and my apologies for wasting his time. He was thankful for my apologies and that was that....

a bit later ......"this is BT technical support....." I explained it was fixed.
a bit later ......"this is BT technical support....." I explained it was fixed and this was the third call.....
a bit later ......"this is BT technical support....." I explained it was fixed and this was the fourth call.....


I hope I won't be updating this!!

1 comment:

Tricia Ryder said...

Well I suppose this is an improvement on NO service.... :D

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.