Wednesday, October 10, 2012

And so that was Paris

Firstly for those who missed them

Thursday - walking about and Notre Dame
Friday - Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Hotel Les Invalides, Napoleon's Tomb
Saturday - St Chapelle, Jardin Du Tuileries, Louvre
Sunday - Jardin des Luxembourg, Georges Pompidou Centre, Stravinsy Founttain, St Euastache
Monday - St Eustache, St German des Pres

And so that was Paris.....

Opinions? Paris is really much like London, it certainly felt less "foreign" than Florence did. The hotel staff and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly. The cafe staff a mixed bag.

Food was generally good with only one cafe truly disappointed. The restaurant was excellent (as you may have gathered).

I didn't get to the Musee d'Orsay or Sacre Coeur or Versaille another day but they will need to wait as there are other cities I want to see (Rome, Venice and Vienna) and parts of the UK I want to go to and revisit (Turquis will be happy ;) ).

The architecture in Paris is amazing but then so it is in London both have great Museums and Cultural lives. Though there are gardens in Paris it lacked the great parks of London; Bushy, Green, Hyde, Regents (may be the Bois de Boulogne would be a match) it also missed those small parks dotted throughout central London, those oasis of green. If I was a tourist and I had to choose London or Paris? Honestly I'd go to London for me it's the parks that swing it. That said I think Parisian cafe culture is one thing London can't match and the Metro is superb and easier to navigate than the underground!

Comparing it to my other overseas trip to Florence? Honestly? no contest Florence every time. There was something just a little more magical about Florence.




3 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

You put it so well...and the weather was so much better than we thought eh..

Cherrypie said...

I've got to agree with you when it comes to Florence. It'll take a lot to top it.

But then you've still to see Versailles...x

The Quacks of Life said...

I think I'd like to go to Versailles when the gardens are more likely to be at there best.

Roll on next year!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.