Saturday, February 09, 2013

Audley End

I do dislike this time of year, lots of places closed and it's cold and dull!

That said I could have gone to London to Kensington Palace or the Banqueting House and I've found that both allow photos indoors!!!

So why didn't I? Well it was cold and my bed was warm and inviting and the music on Radio 3 rather good!

I decided I'd go for a wander around Audley End.

There wasn't much variety of birds in front of the house Black Headed Gull, Mallard, Coots and Canada Geese! Oh there was one lone Common Gull.

I wandered off to see the horses and came across....



The horses.






This was where the Under Gardener lived








































As I was heading out of the garden I saw this chap over the other side of the large pond.


A pleasant way to spend a morning!

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see the snowdrops, aconites and hellebores Pete. Nice horses too :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Agree with you about this time of year!! That blue sky looks lovely - a non-existent beast for me.. just grey and wet.

The flowers are so cheery....... :)

oldcrow61 said...

I can't believe the snow drops in bloom. And other flowers along with the green, green grass, sigh!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.