Saturday, February 02, 2013

Flatford Mill and some Suffolk Churches

I awoke this morning and everything looked a bit light! A quick glance at the clock told me it was 7:42, ye gods not slept that late in a while.

With no clear plan I lazed around before heading out. Where to? How about Flatford Mill? You know the place where Constable painted the Haywain.






The water level is rather high!






As I strolled along the river bank a big flock of Goldfinch was in the bushes and had a couple of Siskin with them.




Willy Lott's cottage.




It  was flipping cold! So I popped into the team room and indulged with a Cup of Tea, a piece of Spiced Ginger cake and read some of Jan Morris' Venice.





And on to St Mary's Stoke-By-Nayland





















This old door is amazing!



And St James' Nayland











2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete. Flatford Mill looks a wonderful place to visit - river looks high!
The churches are amazing - lovely stained glass. The font and old door are superb:)
Great post!

oldcrow61 said...

Oh my, a Winged Skull. Gave my heart a little bit of a flip. Your churches never cease to amaze me. I love the cottages. Great shots. Looks so like spring over there.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.